Greetings! I am a Ph.D. student at Language Technologies Institute, School of Computer Science, Carnegie Mellon University, working with Prof. Alexander G. Hauptmann. I am also a Student Researcher at Google. I graduated summa cum laude from Peking University, China, with double bachelor’s degrees in Computer Science and Economics. Here is my Curriculum Vitae.
My research interests include content creation, multimedia, and video understanding. I am currently working on video generation, see the latest release: MAGVIT.
- [02/2023] One paper for transformer-based video generation accepted at CVPR 2023 as a highlight (top 2.5% among 9.2k submissions).
- [01/2023] One paper for continuous-time discrete diffusion accepted at ICLR 2023.
- [11/2022] We introduce the multi-task masked generative video transformer, MAGVIT.
- [07/2022] One paper for zero-shot action recognition accepted at ECCV 2022.
- [11/2021] We helped the Washington Post in analyzing the crowd density at the Astroworld Festival, watch.
- [11/2021] We won the 1st place at MediaEval 2021 Sports Video Task: Stroke Classification.
- [10/2021] We won the 1st place at ICCV 2021 ROAD Challenge: Action Detection Task.
- [06/2021] We won the 1st place at CVPR 2021 ActivityNet Challenge: ActEV SDL and Kinetics-700 tasks.
- [01/2021] We introduce the Argus Activity Detection System, watch:
- [01/2021] We won the 1st place at WACV 2021 ActEV SDL Unknown Facilities Challenge.
- [11/2020] We won the 1st place at NIST TRECVID 2020 ActEV Evaluation.
- [09/2020] I was named 2021 Siebel Scholars with a $35k fellowship, top 5 and the only Master’s student at CMU SCS. Press: BusinessWire, Bloomberg, Yahoo, CMU.
- [04/2020] We won the 1st place at CVPR 2020 AI City Challenge: City-Scale Multi-Camera Vehicle Tracking with a prize of NVIDIA Quadro GV100.