Pyturbo utilizes multiple level of abstract to efficiently execute parallel tasks.
- Worker: a process.
- Stage: a group of peer workers processing the same type of tasks.
- Task: a data unit transferred between stages. At each stage, a task is processed by one worker and will result in one or multiple downstream tasks.
- Pipeline: a set of sequential stages.
- Job: a data unit for a pipeline, typically a wrapped task for the first stage.
- Result: output of a job processed by one pipeline, typically a set of output tasks from the last stage.
- System: a set of peer pipelines processing the same type of jobs.